This video shares the highlights of a presentation I gave to the Silicon Valley Product Management Association (SVPMA) in August, 2021. In this video, I share a Voice-of-the-Customer (VOC) model and how Customer Advisory Boards (CAB), social media, and many other listening posts fit within it. Here are a few items I explore:
* What are “listening posts” in a B2B (business-to-business) context?
* Different listening posts reveal different things.
* Why companies need a strategy for gathering/applying customer directional guidance.
* 3 types of information to listen for.
* How to balance VOC objectives (customer satisfaction versus learning how to stay relevant in the market).
* Understanding my pyramid VOC model.
* Who owns the VOC model?
* The importance of interviewing customers.
* 5 tips to help you become a more effective customer interviewer.
For more best practices on VOC, Customer Advisory Boards, and Customer/Partner Interviewing, please visit:
CAB Resource Center: https://cabstrategy.com
KickStart Alliance: https://www.kickstartall.com