Do you have a dream of starting your own business? Or are you currently running a business? Are you looking for ways to involve your kids so they can learn valuable life skills and be part of the team? This episode is for you!
Natasha has always been an entrepreneur at heart, but she has spent the last decade building a wildly successful farm business with her family. 1818 Farms provides handmade bath and body products, fresh flowers, events, workshops, and more. In our conversation, we dive into all things small business: marketing, starting small, scaling, outsourcing, beautiful packaging, involving your kids, and more.
If you have that entrepreneurial itch or you are in the thick of running your own home business, this episode is full of brilliant ideas and important mindset shifts. Join us!
In this episode, we cover:
– Natasha’s journey to starting and growing her multifaceted farm business
– The importance of pivoting and evolving your business over time
– How to know when something is no longer working in your business
– Online marketing and growth strategies that give you the most control
– Starting and growing a business when you have young children at home
– Getting your children involved in age-appropriate parts of the business
– Marketing and exposure ideas for a brand new farm business
– The importance of first impressions via branding and packaging
– Making wise investments as your company grows
– Why you should nurture existing customer relationships over always seeking new customers
– Natasha shares how her older teen and adult children have been impacted by growing up helping with the family business
– Discerning what to outsource in your business and what to keep on your own plate
– The importance of starting small scale and perfecting your product
– The first things you should consider if you want to start a business from your home or farm
View full show notes and transcript on the blog: https://simplefarmhouselifepodcast.com/2022/12/22/episode-164-entrepreneurship-motherhood-building-a-successful-business-and-involving-your-kids-natasha-mccrary-of-1818-farms/
Listen to this podcast episode: https://anchor.fm/simple-farmhouse-life/episodes/164–Entrepreneurship–Motherhood-Building-a-Successful-Business-and-Involving-Your-Kids–Natasha-McCrary-of-1818-Farms-e1sj4d4
Thank you to our sponsors!
Toups and Co Organics uses nourishing, organic ingredients to create simple and safe skincare products. Toups and Co is offering my listeners 10% off any one purchase with the code FARMHOUSE. Visit ToupsandCo.com to order today.
Azure Standard is a family-owned company dedicated to providing you with high quality, affordable organic, natural, and non-GMO groceries, health, and household products. Place your order at AzureStandard.com and use the code SIMPLEFARMHOUSE10 to receive 10% off your purchase. This promotion expires February 28, 2023, and is only available for the first-time Azure customer order, with a minimum of $50 order (orders to drop locations only). One time use per customer.
Natasha McCrary of 1818 Farms
Lisa Bass of Farmhouse on Boone
Join us in the Simple Farmhouse Life Facebook community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/748012922264552