IT Carlow x Football Association of Ireland | BA in Sport Coaching & Business Management Course
Are you interested in a career working in the Football Industry?
IT Carlow’s BA in Sport Coaching & Business Management Course could be the next step for you 👇
What is the Course about?
Sports bodies require their management and coaching staff to have a well-rounded understanding and knowledge about their chosen sport as well as business and management knowledge. A Sport Coaching and Business Management degree explores the cross-functional nature of business and sport and equips students with the necessary skills to attain careers in: sport management, club development, games development and club administration.
Applicants can apply for both the BA (Honours) Sport Management and Coaching (CW858 – NFQ Level 8) and the BA Sports Coaching and Business Management (CW827 – NFQ Level 7) on the CAO application. Both courses run concurrently for the first three years.
Is this course for you?
This course is suitable for anyone who has an interest in football, both playing and coaching or in the business and administration side of sport. It is open to students of all playing and coaching abilities – not just elite athletes and coaches.
– Course delivered in association with the FAI.
– Graduates will acquire an academic qualification while gaining the opportunity to develop as a footballer and to obtain coaching qualifications.
– Competitive Institute of Technology Carlow team environment in football. – Men’s CUFL Premier Winners 2015/16 and Women’s Intervarsity Kelly Cup Winners 2017/18 and 2015/16.
– CUFL Premier Winners 2018/2019 and CFAI Cup winners 2020.
– Player development and football education modules are delivered by experienced coaches and coach educators from FAI with the opportunity to attain your UEFA B Coaching Qualification in the 3rd year of the course.
– Premium sporting facilities including our new South Sports Campus with six new pitches, elite sports gym, general student gym, rugby pitch with full changing facilities and viewing stands.
– Exit Award: Higher Certificate in Arts in Sport Coaching and Business Management (Football) (NFQ Level 6) after Year 2.